moon action

moon action

Thursday, 23 October 2014


The Canadian parliament was locked down after a gunman shot and injured a soldier on Wednesday. According to unconfirmed reports, there was at least one more gunman inside the parliament building. At least 30 shots were fired as police shot the suspected gunman dead inside the building. A government minister had confirmed the shoot-out. It was, however, remained unknown if the gunman was alone. On the other hand, Ottawa police were reportedly looking for one or more suspects. Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper was inside the building when the incident took place. Harper was moved to a safer location as the parliament building was locked down. Blocks were either evacuated or locked down in each direction. The gunmen apparently came to the parliament in a grey-coloured Toyota Corolla at around 9:52 am. The Toronto Sun reported that there were multiple gunmen who opened fire on Parliament Hill. The injured soldier was taken to the Civic Hospital. Gunfire was reportedly being exchanged in the Rideau Centre even by noon. According to the officers, there was at least one gunman still moving free. According to reports, two gunmen were shot dead. At least one of the gunmen fired dozens of shots in the Hall of Honour. He was eventually shot dead outside the Parliamentary library. Veterans Affairs Minister Julian Fantino confirmed the death of at least one gunman. "All the details are not in, but the sergeant-at-arms, a former Mountie, is the one that engaged the gunman, or one of them at least, and stopped this," he said, "He did a great job and, from what I know, shot the gunman and he is now deceased." One more gunman was reportedly shot dead as well. However, police officers did not confirm the reports. According to MPs and other witnesses, several shots were fired inside the building. CBC News reported that all major leaders, Thomas Mulcair and Justin Trudeau along with the prime minister were moved to a safe location. Police officers asked the people to evacuate the area. It was told that the suspect had not been in custody. People were told that they were "in danger." LINK:

No comments:

Post a Comment